Well another month is almost over, and the moon has moved from Scorpio (the last full moon), through Taurus (the previous new moon) and is now entering the Sagittarius constellation.
So questions one can ask themselves during this two week period include**:
Have I been too flippant, or carefree to the point of being carless, or even irresponsible?
Have I been letting myself down by allowing myself to get distracted & bored?
Have I been overconfident to the point of arrogance or too preachy?
Have I been a commitment-phobe, to my own detriment?
Have I been seeing the bigger picture?
**All questions are from “Moonology: Working with the magic of lunar cycles” by Yasmin Boland
If I were to answer the above questions (numbering them 1-5), I think that my answers would be:
- I have been rather flippant in terms of trying to successfully navigate my transition from academia to industry. There are things that I should be doing daily, and I either don’t schedule the time to do them, or I keep putting them off (to the point that I forget what I was wanting to get done). I need to start managing my daily time better and setting aside an hour or two for both working on my industry transition but also my other side hustles (writing content for the blog and working on my beachbody business).
- Yes I have been letting myself down by allowing myself to get distracted & bored. I need to focus on the things that I want to get done (transitioning into industry, and building my beachbody business and getting more visitors to my blog). I also need to commit to my health and fitness as well.
- No I don’t think that I’ve been overconfident to the point of arrogance (might be a little smug with the step goals that I’m setting—but not arrogant as I know there are people who are walking a lot more than that a day).
- Yes I have been a commitment phobe—I still have the fall set for transitioning into an industry position (and now that is like three to five months away), and I still haven’t been putting in the amount of time and work that is required to actually hit that goal.
- My bigger picture right now is my digital vision board that I see daily when I’m on my laptop. That picture is something that I’m still working towards and I know that it could change and evolve as I start getting closer to some of the goals and start adding new ones to the list.
So those are just some things to think about with the coming full moon. This full moon also is within my second house (which is also the cash, property, and values zone). So basically this is the two week time period to focus on trying to ensure that there aren’t that many financial dramas and if there are—trying to find a solution.
So one of my big goals is trying to ensure that I have my credit card debt down to a level that I can pay off the credit cards basically monthly (there is only one that still will have payments, but that is due to several large purchases this past month). Trying to keep the credit card debt down has been a goal ever since I moved back from Boston (and I had a large amount of credit card debt from the little over two years I was out there).
So my goals for this period:
Setting up the next months budget (and checking to see what I have preordered), and checking to see where all the credit cards are in terms of balances.
Continue working on my transition plan for moving from academia to industry (narrowing down the jobs/areas and networking and trying to set up informational interviews).
Focusing on ways that I can start connecting more with people and start trying to build up my beachbody business.