Well we’re basically to the end of August (which means there are only four months left in the year). Where has the time gone?? It seems like only yesterday was the Fourth of July, and in a little over a week we’re already at Labor Day (which means that somehow Halloween is right around the corner). Anyway the moon continues to rotate through the various constellations and will be entering in Pisces this weekend.
So to begin, I’m going to take a look at “Moonology: working the magic of lunar cycles” by Yasmin Boland, to see what questions one can be asking themselves during this Pisces full moon:
Have I been dreamy to the point of not getting enough done and making silly mistakes?
Have I been overly sensitive and too easily hurt?
Have I been acting like a martyr? Or too easily led?
Have I been meditating every day, and if not, why not?
Have I been in touch with my intuitive side? Following my dreams and hunches?
So with numbering the above questions 1-5, I think that my answers would be as following:
- I don’t think that I’ve been dreamy lately. I am trying to concentration on my transition plan, as I’ve decided that being in academia and research is no longer the path that I should be on. In terms of “silly mistakes” I think it depends on one’s definition of a “silly mistake”. I know that my colleagues are convinced that I’ve been making a few mistakes for the past month or so but sending out data that they say is poor—my thoughts are “data is data, good or bad” and people should be able to see it. I’ve been called out on this and also have been told that I have to be “retrained” to ensure that my “eyes” are seeing the same as other peoples “eyes” are. But I think that I’ve made good progress on my transition plan in determining the types of positions that I now need to start looking into a little more.
- I don’t think that I’ve been overly sensitive lately. If nothing else I’ve been getting angry (though not losing my temper with people) at work, and have taken it as a sign that it is time to move on. If people aren’t willing to contact me about possible problems, in theory I really don’t see why I need to be trying to correct them if no one is willing to mention them.
- No I haven’t been acting like a martyr and I don’t think I’ve been easily led around either. With the past couple of weeks at work I’ve just taken the issues that have cropped up as both learning tools (realizing that not everyone agrees with the motto “data is data, good or bad—it’s still data”) and as sign that I do need to put a little more push into my transition plan.
- I have been getting better at meditating nightly—even if it is just a couple of minutes of laying on my acupuncture mat to help clear my mind and deal with the aches of a sore back (which at times are tension induced). I’m going to try to mediate more also in terms of thinking on the card(s) that I drew in that evenings card reading.
- I’m getting back into touch with my intuitive side—where I’ve bought several different oracle and tarot card decks and I try to do a reading nightly. It is nice to see that I am thinking correctly and aiming to change directions in terms of my career as I’ve seen numerous cards reflecting change showing up over the past week in different spreads.
So this transition of the moon through Pisces is also having it pass through my fifth house (or the kids, romance, and creativity zone). This can be a time to where we should be making sure that we’re also having fun. For me, I think I’m probably going to be focusing on the creativity aspect of this house—as I don’t have kids, and right now I don’t have the time or energy for a romantic relationship. It’s also a time to try and find a balance between being in a supportive role and also standing up and letting the world and universe see what you have to offer.
The balance between the supportive role & standing up for myself may be difficult to maintain this week at work. But I will strive to be the professional and not let people know exactly what I think of them (if I can do that–it means two more hidden object games next weekend 🙂 )
So my goals for this full moon period include:
- Finishing the LIIFT4 program (I finished week 5 yesterday, and starting week 6 on Monday)—there are only 3 weeks left, and I do enjoy the workouts. It also helps me relax and get rid of the tension headaches I’ve been having recently.
- Renew some professional memberships (and possibly see about joining one that is slightly outside my area of expertise so that I could possibly go to a “blue networking event”).
- Continue working on my transition plan (really start looking into a couple of different positions and start adding more value to connections on linkedin); update my linkedin summary and start making a master list of things that I need to do to transition to industry by no later than April of next year.
- Work on my photography challenge, and maybe actually try to finish a bracelet or two. In addition continue meditating nightly, and doing my daily evening tarot/oracle card readings.
While these might not all seem “fun or creative”—they will help me keep my sanity. I’ve realized over the past few weeks that I have spent way to many years ignoring my gut/intuition/the universe and now that I’m starting to listen again—I need to step up my game for getting to the next chapter/stage of my life.
Leave a Reply