Well there is basically just a week and a half left in the year—yesterday was the winter solstice, and today is the last full moon of the year. I realized that I totally forgot to do my full moon goals last month, so there aren’t any reflections this year.
So the full moon today is within the Cancer constellation. Looking within “Moonology: working with the magic of lunar cycles” by Yasmin Boland, there are several questions that one can ask themselves during this time:
Have I been insecure, clingy, and no fun this month?
Have I been coming at what I want sideways instead of tackling it head-on?
Have I been sulky, moody, brooding, or manipulative?
Have I been secretive and possibly even a tad paranoid?
Have I had enough family time, or time with people who feel like family?
Well, if I numbered the questions 1-5, I think that my answers would be as follow:
- Depending on what aspect of life one is talking about, I would have to say that I have been a little down (no fun) in terms of the fact that I haven’t gotten into the holiday spirit this year. I basically couldn’t think of anything that I wanted for Christmas (I basically gave an idea of a sweater or just cash), and trying to think of things for others as well. In terms of being insecure—I will admit that I do feel a little insecure in terms of my job transition/search. I haven’t been clingy at all at this time.
- Yes, I have been coming at what I want sideways instead of tackling it head-on (job search/transition into industry).
- I have been moody for the last two months (but losing two dogs within four days is a acceptable answer).
- I don’t think that I’ve been secretive or paranoid.
- I do have enough family time, though I do need to try to get together with friends more often that what I’ve been doing.
In addition to the above questions, the full moon in Cancer is also entering my ninth house (based on my rising sign). The ninth house is your “Big Picture” zone. Basically this is the time deal with things in terms of personal growth, professional growth, travel, religion and philosophy, and so forth.
This is the time (especially since the moon is following the winter solstice) to reflect back on the year and to plan for the future (surprise, it’s also about a week and a half before the new year).
So I think that my goals for the this full moon period will include:
- Do both a nightly tarot card reading and meditate nightly (even if it’s only two or three minutes).
- Update various goal posts (101 goals in 1001 days; Level 10 life)
- Start planning out my transition plan for the spring
- Read at least one more personal/professional development book
- Get through at least one more mini personal/professional development courses
- Renew at least two professional memberships