So the next full moon is happening today (March 20), which is also the spring equinox. It is the time to transition between seasons (winter to spring), though I’m sure that there will still be one or two snowstorms across the country during the next few weeks. So the moon is transitioning through Libra over the next few days, and as such there are several questions that one can ask themselves during this time (questions are taken from “Moonology: working with the magic of lunar cycles” by Yasmin Boland). So depending on your sign that you associate most with (rising, star, or moon), this period may be easy on you or it could be difficult on you. For me personally, my rising sign is Scorpio, my star sign is Virgo, and my moon sign is Pisces—none of which usually have an easy time under the Libra full moons. So I won’t be too surprised if I have a hard couple of days this week.
The questions from the book are:
Have I been too concerned with appearances in general?
Have I been thinking too much about others and neglecting my own needs?
Have I been too easily influenced, gullible, or unable to decide for myself?
Have I been living my life through someone else?
Have I spent enough time beautifying my life?
So if I were to number the questions 1-5, my answers would be as followed:
- I can confidently say that I have not been concerned with appearances in general lately (or really ever). I have always been one to dress for comfort and while I will try to look presentable when needed—I don’t go with the latest trends. I’m much more comfortable in jeans and sneakers than I am dressing up in dress clothes, and even then I will usually try to match the clothes with low heeled shoes as I don’t care for wearing high heels. I also don’t care for wearing makeup either (and probably other than needing to ensure that when I go on job interviews [and possibly even informational interviews] to remember to have my nails done, and may wear a light foundation).
- In terms of this one, I have been know at times to always try to be a team player and probably to the sacrifice of my own needs. This is something I’m trying to work on—striking a balance between helping others and putting myself first at times.
- I don’t think that I’m easily influenced or gullible. Unable to make decisions about certain things—yes, I have been know (and still do) overthink things to a point where I don’t make the decision (or just let someone else make the decision and follow along). I am trying to get better at this—especially with my job search and transition.
- Do book characters count? I know that there is more to life than just working—but I was brought up to have a strong work ethic and I know that at times becomes a problem for me trying to convince myself to take some time off. I realize that I need to figure out what I want out of life and start living the life I want—not the life that others think I should be living.
- I probably could do with more plants in my life. I am currently trying to slowly declutter what I own as I realize that most of the stuff probably won’t make me happy in thirty or forty years. I also know that when I move, I’ll be back in a decent size apartment—and I had way to much stuff living in Boston, and therefore I need to cut back on stuff (mainly movies and clothes).
The Libra constellation also coincides with my 12th house (according to my rising sign Scorpio), and is also known as the secrets zone. This is marks another time of reflection, where one can sit and think back on things during the past few months—what worked, what didn’t, and what corrections/fixes/changes can one do to help them move towards their goals.
For me this means looking back on my transition plan, making notes of where I feel like I made progress, and where I could do more. I also know that I could go back through it and reread some of the questions and possibly expand or add additional insights to my answers. I know that I should update my digital vision board (I’m keeping it digital as it makes it easier to store and I can look at it on my computer daily). I should also look at how my fitness/nutrition journey is going and make notes on how I can improve on that portion of my life as well.
So my goal list of the Libra full moon period includes:
Rereading and modifying my transition plan as needed.
Continue making the lists/goals for the set of job titles that I’ve initially chosen so that I can narrow it down to say three to four (out of the seven).
Rework my fitness/nutrition plan/goals and make another long-term list (including rewards for hitting certain benchmarks).
This is a short list—but that increases the chances of being able to accomplish all three goals over the next few weeks (in addition to goals set for the month of March, and then the new goals that will getting set for the month of April next weekend).
As the days start to get longer, that will hopefully mean more time outside doing things and at the same time hopefully more energy to get other things done as well.
Happy Spring Equinox to everyone, and enjoy the longer days outside and the nicer temperatures that will hopefully be accompanying the daylight.
Leave a Reply