So the full moon was this past Friday (April 19th), and technically it was back within the Libra constellation (making it the second Libra full moon)—but since I’m a couple of days late in getting my post in, I’m going to address it like it is the Scorpio full moon (as Scorpio would be the next constellation that the moon would move through). It might not be a totally full moon, but full enough for my purposes of trying to figure out my life.
So if I were to look at the book “Moonlogy: Working with the magic of the lunar cycles” by Yasmin Boland, for questions that one should be asking themselves during this time the questions would include:
Have I been jealous, vengeful, suspicious, or otherwise behaved toxically?
Have I been living out of fear rather than joy?
Have I been brooding and dark: focusing on the negative rather than the positive?
Have I been cruel or cunning?
Am I having the sex I need to feel good about myself? (Of course, some people need no sex at all!)
If I were to number the questions one to five, my answers would be:
- No, I don’t think that I’ve been behaving toxically. I know that at times I have what are probably toxic thoughts—but in the current day with the current global political arena that isn’t all that surprising. I do try to limit those thoughts and reframe them at times when I realize that I’m having non-pleasant thoughts.
- This is a hard one to say—I probably have been living out of fear rather than joy, in that I haven’t quit my current job (which has absolutely no room for growth, and is a dead end position) and I’m probably overthinking things in terms of trying to find my next position.
- This one goes slightly hand in hand with the previous question—I probably have been focusing a little more on the negative rather than the positive (especially in terms of trying to job search, network, and figure out my life).
- No I haven’t been cruel or cunning—that takes too much work and effort. Currently I’m more apathetic and at times I really don’t care too much about what is going on—I just try to get through the day without losing my temper or my cool.
- As the second statement says—Some people need no sex at all to feel good about themselves. I’m in that boat currently—I have no time for a relationship (especially since I’m planning on leaving the state & I really don’t have the time to try to do a long distance relationship), and I’m not really the type for just having random hookups.
The tight transition between the constellations of Libra and Scorpio also has this particular moon moving into my first house—or my image zone. This is the time when one should also reflect on one’s personal and professional lives as well. So again this moon transition is happening at a good time for me—as this is something that I really do need to focus on—myself. I realize that at times I jump to help a little too often, and I don’t necessarily put myself first at time when I should be putting myself first. So goals for this full moon period are going to include:
Getting my fitness and nutrition routine back on track (I’m in the habit of doing workouts for a week and then going back to only walking for a week or so—this is a routine that I need to break), but also remember that I only need to try to be better than yesterday—progress over perfection.
Continue working on my transition plan (try to finish reading “Next Gen PhD” by Melanie Sinche) and really figure out both the types of positions and then possibly the companies that I would like to work for (which will be about five steps ahead of where I was last year).
Find and practice happiness daily (look for the uniqueness in each day and try not to complain about the things that are out of my control—control how I react to something instead of just reacting to something).