So we’re officially a little over halfway through 2019, which means that there are 815 days left in this challenge (as today is July 5th 2019). So I decided that I should probably do a check-in on the goals and see where I’m at with them. Updates are in bold.
The dates for my 101 goal challenges are:
So my original start and finish dates were:
Start Date: January 1 2018
Finish Date: September 28 2020
My new start and finish dates:
Start Date: January 1, 2019
Finish Date: September 28, 2021
Here are my 101 goals for the next 1001 days (random and non-grouped):
- Transition into a biotech or biopharma company as a research scientist
- Become fluent in Spanish
- Become fluent in German
- Learn to program (R and maybe python)
- Visit at least three new countries (0/3)
- Finish the various other e-course bundles that I bought (list out later)
- Move to a new(ish) city for #1
- Make it through at least 250 days of beachbody workouts (share on twitter?) (0/250) *Luckily it doesn’t have to be consecutive days (though I would like that)—I haven’t done a Beachbody workout in awhile (I also can’t remember how many I’d done before I hit my slump).
- Paint & frame at least one original painting (0/1)
- Finish the Dream Job Hack program
- Finish the Youtube for bosses course
- Finish the Youtube course creation for bosses course
- Launch a youtube channel
- Launch a online course
- Get blog traffic to 500+ views/day
- Publish 5-10 scientific blog posts (0/10)
- Practice more photography (1-2 posts a week) I’ve managed to stick with the photography challenge so far, so at least on the blog there have been new pictures post on a semi-constant basis (at least for the past three-four months).
- Get instagram followers to 800+
- Showcase crafts on blog (afghans, artwork, jewelry)
- Learn to make my own jewelry
- Re-pierce my ears
- Finish at least 200 personal/professional development books (and post reviews) (35/200) *So out of the 274 books I have on my book reading list for both personal and professional development (and this number is growing)—I’ve read 20 in 2018, and 15 so far in 2019—that means I only have another 238 books to read to finish the list (and that is only if I don’t add anymore books to the list).
- Interact more on Linkedin (actually network with connections) (at least 4 a week) (0/140)
- Reach at least 14,014,000 steps (0/14,014,000); though if I add in the steps from 2018—this could actually be closer to 20,000,000 steps (goal—19,124,000 by Sept 28 2021 (as of yesterday (07/04/19) 8,047,645/19,124,000).
- Visit at least one new national (or state) park (0/1)
- Visit at least one new national (or state) monument (0/1)
- 5 pushups on toes (0/5)
- 10 pushups on toes (0/10)
- Fly/land at least 3 new airports
- Visit one new city & state (US) (0/1; 0/1)
- Go to one or more scientific conferences (0/1)
- Go to a blogging conference (0/1)
- See the Northern Lights
- Present at a scientific conference (0/1)
- Post free monthly challenges in facebook groups
- Write (or start) a book
- Complete a 365 day photography challenge (137/365) I started the challenge a little late this year, or more accurately it took me awhile to build momentum to continue posting a daily picture.
- Learn to cross-stitch
- Reach 400+ followers on pintrest
- Reach 1000+ followers on twitter
- Publish at least two blog series (0/2)
- Mediate at least 5 minutes a day (0/1001) This one has been an off and on success—there have been at least one or two weeks when I didn’t feel like meditating nightly, and therefore I didn’t—but I’m slowly getting back into the routine.
- No extra snacks at work (i.e. no hitting the coffee shop for cookies in the morning) This one is a work in progress, there are some days when I’m really good at not getting extra snacks at work, and there are other days when I cave and get chocolate.
- Declutter the movies in the house
- Create an editorial calendar for blog (0/33) Well I’m slowly starting to try creating editorial calendars, but have only been really good at posting certain topics (new/full moon goals & updates, monthly updates & photography challenge). This is something I still need to work on.
- Credit card debt down to less than $500 a month (and getting paid off monthly in full) This is almost happening—I do have my debt at a level that I can pay off monthly, though some bills get a little higher than planned.
- Monthly budget (plus list of monthly recurring charges on credit cards) (0/33) I’ve been doing this, though not listing the recurring charges on my credit cards.
Learn to give mani/pedi and give myself one a month (0/33)This one is off the list—because I have yet to do it, and while I might in the future I don’t see me doing it quite yet.
- Get a new sewing machine and make a new quilt for bed. This one is on hold until I move and then I’ll be buying a new sewing machine.
- Make my new moon & full moon goals (0/66) I’ve been keeping up with this one. Though I may not hit all the goals for both the new moon & the full moon—I’m at least putting my intentions out there for the universe to hear.
- Buy a new couch and chair for my living room. This one and #s 52-54 are dependent on success with #1 & #7
- Buy a new dresser for my bedroom
- Buy a new mattress & box-spring for my bed
- Buy a new TV & stand for living room
- Reorganize my storage unit
- Buy fabric & foam and make new cushions for rocking chair
- Create a posting schedule (editorial calendar) for facebook pages (0/66) I’m behind on this.
- Generate at least three months of memes for facebook pages (0/3)
- Create posting schedule (editorial calendar) for instagram (0/33) Behind on this.
- Learn to use photoshop for memes & posts
- Make a 30-day Zumba schedule & stick with it (0/30) Haven’t done this yet.
- Visit one or more new zoos (0/1)
- Visit one or more new aquariums (0/1)
- Make a top 10 favorite author list (for different genera; romance, fantasy/sci-fi, mystery/thriller, non-fiction) for blog
- Write and share at least two posts on linkedin every two months (0/32) Behind on this as well.
- Ask for endorsements from 6 well known connections on linkedin (0/6) Behind on this well.
- Endorse 3 to 5 people on linkedin every four months (0/40) Behind on this.
- Renew professional memberships (0/6) Need to do this soon.
- Get into the “best shape” of my life. This is one of the things I’m going to try to focus on more, and maybe should be moved higher in the list.
- Finish reading books on scientific writing (review and post) (0/7)
- Take a multivitamin & supplements daily (0/1001). There have been several days (going on to a week) that I’ve missed taking my multivitamin & supplements.
- Design a logo for my blog/website
- Finish 3 hidden object games without using hints, or the strategy guide
- Go to a author-reader conference and meet authors
- Write in journal daily (0/1001). There have been several weeks that I didn’t do this (mainly due to my current mood—even though I know when I’m feeling down or in a funk that is actually a good time to journal).
- Complete my book of Sudoku puzzles (minus the ones crossed out)
- Drink 70 oz of water a day (0/1001). There have been quite a few days when this hasn’t happened.
- Color in two coloring books (0/2) (pictures on blog/instagram)
- Knit another afghan (diamond pattern) This has been started, and hopefully will be finished this coming winter.
- Watch all the episodes of Hawaii 5-0
- Go to at least 2 professional networking events (0/2)
- Update Linkedin profile (0/2)
- Watch all the episodes of Grimm
- Design a science based board game
- Hold a two minute plank (on forearms)
- Hold a 90 second plank (full)
- Go at least one weekend a month without social media (0/33) This hasn’t happened yet, though with the way the world is going I might start doing it.
- Create (and update) a vision board. I’ve created and updated a digital vision board, and will probably try to update it at least every two to three months.
- Create my own altar (wiccan/pagan)
- Learn basic sign language
- Create job searching/networking editorial calendar (0/12)
- Get an additional external hard drive to back up the laptop & external DVD drive for installing printer program on laptop
- Create my own coffee table photography book
- Touch base with friends that I haven’t talked to lately
- Savings up another 20K (0/20K)
- Get at least three plants and keep them alive (0/3)
- Stretch daily (0/1001)
- Watch all the episodes of The Librarians
- Watch all the episodes of Once Upon A Time
- Get Fit with Jessi to 1000+ likes
- Get BecomingJessi to 1000+ likes
I’ve only removed one goal from the list—giving myself a mani/pedi monthly. I’ve never been the type to fuss with their nails (though I know with job searching, I do need to start taking better care of my nails, and this does include painting them every so often). I’ve realized that I have fallen behind on some of the daily goals (taking my multivitamins, drinking a certain amount of water a day, and writing in my journal every day)—but at least I do start back up, even if it tampers off, and then starts again.
I also know that there are goals that I haven’t started on, and others that require another goal to be accomplished before they are looked at. I know where I need to try to focus for the next few months (personal care—mental and physical health, and slowly figuring out my career objectives), and once these are on track, I think the others will follow suit.