So Sunday night marked the second full moon of 2023. We’re a little over five weeks into the year—and I’m already over it. That is due to family issues going on—which are currently becoming extremely draining—all the way around. Also in a few months, I guess it’s going to be declared that we’re moving from an pandemic to an epidemic status…not too thrilled with that either…
I really do need to get back into a research/writing/editing/posting routine…I haven’t really been doing much of anything for the past five to eight weeks or so—again, due in part to being emotionally/mentally/physically drained due to the on-going family medical problem.
Well, I realized I basically updated the mini-rant that I did last year around this time, so I’ll weave the story back to the Leo full moon.
What are some questions to reflect on during the first few days of the full moon? According to “Moonology: working with the magic of the lunar cycles” by Yasmin Boland:
Have I been too self-centered, egotistical, or proud?
Have I been treating the people around me like minions?
Have I been arrogant, vain, pushy, or pompous?
Have I been expressing myself creatively enough?
Have I shown myself enough self-love?
If I were to number the above questions one-to-five, my answers would be as followed:
- If I was being self-centered or egotistical—I would have my second blog/website up, running, and would have landed several freelance projects by now. I usually only make it through the day by literally ignoring everything that I know I should be doing and doing things that don’t ‘tax’ my reserves that much. I’m working on trying to get the mental/emotional/spiritual health back onto a somewhat even keel.
- Let’s see—the person I’m around the most is my father—so nope, currently no minions here. I’m pretty certain the pets think we’re their minions.
- I don’t think I’ve been arrogant, vain, pushy, or pompous lately—though I’m sure that my mother would currently argue with me on those points (logic versus illogical arguments). I really haven’t been out of the house all that often (at least during the week).
- Basically early December saw me falling into a rut of not working on any craft projects at night and either reading or playing silly games (on either the kindle or phone). I had managed to complete a couple of cross-stitch projects last fall, but haven’t really done much since about early/mid-December. I want to actually sit down and trying to create some jewelry (bracelets and necklaces) this month—just need to finish straightening up the combo work space.
- Have I been having a high regards for my own well-being and happiness? If I gave it a number—that number would be 55. To where I’m not totally disregarding my own well-being and happiness, but at the same time not advocating for my own well-being and happiness. While people would say that your self-love shouldn’t be tied in with others—currently a decent percentage of mine is tied with my immediate family—hence it sitting roughly around not totally full, but not totally empty. One thing that will help—is getting my mother from the current hospital to another (or possibly a nursing home)…we’ll have to see how things play out. So, yes—I still need to work on improving my health: physical, mental, spiritual, emotional, and social (all of which have been up and down over the past five years or so).
With focusing on self-care/love, this will include doing intentional movements (anything from lifting weights, to walking, to cardio and yoga), meditating at night, doing a oracle/tarot card reading, starting to listening to podcasts again, reading, and just trying to figure out what works for me.
Looking at my chart—the Leo full moon is going through my 10th house, which is also my career zone. So, with it going through my career zone—two years ago, I stated I was still technically on a reboot break, last year I stated I was going to start moving forward with the second half of my life.
While I had decided 2021/2022 that I was going to go in the remote writing/data analysis direction, while trying to build a freelance writing business—this year I need to focus probably a little more on freelance aspect of things (essential, especially since I’m not sure what my schedule is going to be like once we hopefully get my mother home from the hospital). Now I just need to determine the types of content I want to spend my time researching & creating—hopefully allowing me to combine my core values (learning/knowledge, spirituality/inner harmony/peace, creativity/curiosity, and evolution/growth/transformation) with my strengths (learner, intellection, input, achiever, deliberative/ideation/arranger, creativity, curiosity, and critical thinking), while also improving some of my ‘weaknesses’ (such as communications, significance, and bravery).
So what are my goals for the Leo Full Moon? Since I’m two late in posting, the goal list is going to be somewhat ‘short’ but at the same time be on-going goals. Those goals will include:
- Develop an flexible intentional movement calendar–focusing on things that I enjoy to do or are wanting to try.
- Develop a flexible daily/weekly schedule
- Spend time working on crafts (start a new cross-stitch project, doodle, color, make jewelry, and when the weather warms up—photography time up at Boomer Lake)
- Evening oracle card reading, straighten up my meditation altar, and designing a new meditation ‘area’ (one that can be easily setup and dismantled each evening).
Goals are similar to last year’s goals–but that’s how goals become habits–repeat, repeat, and repeat again.
So—basically everything is going to be around the goals of getting organized and planning out things for the rest of the first quarter and looking towards the second quarter of the year as well. Progress over perfection, done over continuous revisions, and getting some writing/research done daily.
Plus reminding myself of the following quote:“Not caring what other people think is the best choice you will ever make”.
What are some of your Leo goals?