So the moon will be entered the Aquarius constellation either last night or Sunday night (depending on where you are in the world). This entrance into the Aquarius constellation marks the second new moon of 2022. We’ve made it through the first 32 days of 2022—and I’m not sure if 2022 is going to be a repeat of 2021, slightly better or slightly worse, I guess we’ll have to wait and see.
Looking at “Moonology: Working with the Magic of Lunar Cycles” by Yasmin Boland, there are again several things that one can do during this period:
- Detach ourselves from things that are no longer serving us.
- Be true to ourselves
- Be inventive
- Be charitable
- Be social
Well, I’m still self-isolating this spring–mainly due to the omicron variants of the virus (all of which seem to be even more contagious than the delta varaint), and the simple fact that I’d rather not catch the damn thing.
I’m also slowly working on detaching myself from things that no longer serve me–mainly the negative self-talk and stories, plus continuing to work on detaching myself frmo the diet mentality and all that associated baggage.
I’m also working on being true to myself–in terms of spiritual health, career direction, and other things. This also ties in with being ‘inventive’–as I’m trying to ‘invent’ my own career path.
Then I turn to see what zone (or house) the moon is moving into in regards to everything. Remember there are basically three ways to determine which house/zone the moon is in for any new/full moon: your star sign, your rising sign, and your moon sign. I usually go with my rising sign, which is Scorpio.
So this means that the moon is entering into my fourth house, or the home and family zone. So this can also be a time when one can spend cleaning (getting rid of things), possibly moving, and spending more time with family. So there are several suggestions from “Moonology” on what one can do during this time:
- Have a garage sale
- Hug your parents
- Sort out your photo albums/digital photo files
- Invite friends over
- Renovate or redecorate so you’re more comfortable at home
- Sell your home and/or change locations or even countries
- Ask your grandparents about your family’s history
So, there are several things from the above list for my fourth house that probably aren’t going to be happening this year:
- Hugging my parents–we’re not really the overly affectionate type of family. We hug–but since we see each other daily–hugs dont’ happen all that often
- Inviting friends over–hello, we’re still in the middle of a pandemic; if I’m going to be meeting up with friends, I’d prefer a ‘neutral’ location that neither of us has to clean
- Both sets of grandparents are deceased, but we do have some family history from my father’s side (my grandfather had started putting together a family tree), and I have a letter he wrote me back in the late 1990s that talked about life during the Depression, ‘Dirty Thirties’, and fighting in World War II.
- No garage sale–because, again we’re in the middle of a pandemic
- No selling or relocation–again pandemic, plus my parents own the house, and I’m still working on figuring out the whole freelance and/or remote working gig here
The two things I could focus on:
Sorting all my digital photos (since probably half the computer memory is going towards pictures) and semi-rearranging/redecorating my bedroom.
Therefore if I were to make a list of goals for the Aquarius new moon, they would include:
Sorting and editing the large amount of digital photos on the computer
Going through and sorting the large number of clothes and deciding what I want to keep and what I’m willing to part with
Setting up an area for reading oracle/tarot cards
Continuing to work on my three-to-five/ten year vision/plan
Continuing to develop my personal/professional brand
Finally remembering that no matter how slow I may need to go, this year will be a year of growth, creativity, and curiosity that will lead to happiness and prosperity.
What are a few of your goals for this new moon?