So the moon is going to be transitioning through it’s new phase tonight, and moving through the Scorpio constellation. There are only 57 days left in 2021—where did the time go? Looking back at what I wrote last year—the pandemic was just starting to ‘pick’ up and the world had over 54 million cases, the US was topping 11 million, and there were over 1.3 million dead; basically a year later and the world has almost 248.5 million cases, the US is almost at 47 million cases, and there are over 5 million dead worldwide. Hopefully we can get the vaccine to countries that really need it, parents will vaccinate their kids, and maybe we’ll start to see the end of the pandemic sometime in 2022 or 2023.
So as the moon moves through Scorpio, there are several things that one can do during this time (according to “Moonology: working with the magic of lunar cycles” by Yasmin Boland), and they are:
- Get Sexy
- Invest Wisely
- Make inner peace
- Drop grudges
This moon is also moving through my first house or my image zone (how one presents themselves to the world). While Aries is the start of the zodiac calendar—when the moon (either full or new) passes through your first house, it can also seem as the start of a “new year” (we can have a “new start” twice a year if necessary).
So what are some of the things that one can do during this time?
- Surprise friends with the ‘new you’
- Throw out all your old make-up and start again
- Get married or meet someone new
- Good time to move
- Splurge on something in a vibrant color
- Have a facial
- Get your sight checked
I feel like I’m still being guided to focus on myself and am getting the gentle reminder that I’m worth whatever work I put into crafting my own future. The path is still slightly ‘murky’—but it is there, I just have to be willing to walk the path even if I can’t see that much of it. As I’d stated last year—if I do nothing, others would be deciding my future for me.
I’m still crossing a few things off the above lists:
- Throwing out make-up; Since I’m setting up a freelance business and working from home, I’m currently not wearing makeup (and truthfully I’ve never really been a fan of wearing makeup)
- Getting married or meeting someone new; I’m not in a relationship currently nor am I currently looking to for a relationship
- Moving–I still need an idea of where to move and the finances to afford it
- Getting a facial–I can scrub my face at home and I have one or two different facial masks I can try for free
- Getting my sight checked is currently crossed off due to the fact we’re still basically in the middle of a pandemic
While there may be people who are getting tired of seeing me state that I’m still going to be self-isolating (even after getting my vaccine and booster shots)–I’m doing it really until enough of the vaccine has been distributed worldwide that the daily number of new cases is under 100K (and currently the number has been running between 350-480K a day). Once the numbers drop and stay low–then I may start thinking of actually interacting more with the outside world.
For my short list of goals for the Scorpio new moon, they will include:
- Continuing to work on healing my relationship with food and movement. This will include restarting my second round of morning meltdown 100, finding in-season fruits that I enjoy eating, and figuring out what in-season veggies I’m willing to eat this fall/winter.
- Continue with my evening meditation/sitting quietly for at least five minutes
- Start working through the complete personal finance course on Udemy
- Continue working through the Write Your Way to Freedom copywriting course
Hopefully our Wi-Fi issues have almost been resolved, and that means I can try to dedicate more time to online learning/networking/work. I’m looking at the last two months of 2021, and reminding myself that I need to aim for ‘progress over perfection’, and that it will be slow going writing the next chapter of my life.
Have a blessed Scorpio New Moon period, and remember also to aim for progress and not perfection.