All right, I realize that I haven’t posted a level-10 check-in since July of last year. I did do a level-10 check-in in December 2019, May 2020, and then this most recent one—beginning of September 2020; but two of those three were only in the journal.
So, just a quick reminder of what a Level-10 life check-in is:
There are 10 areas of life: family & friends, personal development, spirituality, finances, career (and I also include professional development here as well), social life, fun & recreation, giving & contribution, physical environment, and then finally health & fitness.
You then rank each area on a scale of 1-to-10, quickly and without thinking too hard on each one. Then you can compare your most recent Level-10 to the previous one and see how (or if) each area changed. Then depending on how you score them, and the change you can set up goals for each for the coming cycle.
Instead of doing three months, I stretched it into four months this year—because it’s 2020. Usually areas have been either staying constant, or just going up or down a little.
Though, with this check-in there were two areas that had slightly higher ups and downs.
Those two areas were finances, and the physical environment. My ‘happiness/appreciation’ of my finances went down 1.5—due largely to my impulsive e-book buying (and therefore a slightly larger than normal amazon bill). My ‘happiness/appreciation’ of my physical environment went up 1.5—due mainly to me keeping things better organized than I have in the past.
So what are my goals for the last four months of 2020? These goals are going to encompass basically seven out of the ten areas—leaving out family/friends, giving/contributions & social life. Not that I don’t care about those two—but 1) we’re still currently in a pandemic, so if I want to socialize with people, it will have to be online (or a minimum of 12 feet apart); 2) I try to keep in semi-touch with family/friends via social media; 3) there may be things to be donated or given away—just not sure on that particular point.
1) Finish the following workout programs:
Morning Meltdown 100—I should be finishing my first round of the program on 9/15/2020
Yoga Booty Ballet & LIIFT4—I should finish this combo by 11/15/2020 (marking the first finish for Yoga Booty Ballet-Abs & Butt Makeover & the 2nd time through LIIFT4)
10 Rounds—I should then finish this program by Christmas (and it will be my first round of this program).
I will then start either Muscle Burns Fat & then Muscle Burns Fat Advance or another round of 21-Day Fix and 21-Day Fix Extreme (either of these will then carry me into 2021).
2) Finish the following professional development courses:
Data Science Syndicate (finish by the end of September; only 1 ½ modules left; actually finished this on 9/3/2020).
Medical Writers Organization (by the end of October)
Management Consultant Firm (by the end of November)
Project Management Consortium (by the end of December)
3) Start learning python (tied with #4 and #2)
4) Finish at least 6 other short e-courses
5) Read at least 8 personal/professional developments books and write short reviews
6) Daily mediation and tarot/oracle card readings (bi-weekly or monthly oracle card review on blog)
7) Learn a new hobby (try my hand at cross-stitching). Also get more yarn and start another afghan possibly.
8) Determine way(s) of earning extra money (or free-lancing options)
9) Start building up a varied portfolio for looking into free-lancing/remote/on-line job options.
10) Go to the storage unit and start repacking boxes that need it, plus maybe start seeing what I don’t need.