Well next week is October already. Somehow the month of September has sped past, and we’re now entering the last quarter of 2018. I had thought that I would possibly have gotten more accomplished this year, and that I would have an industry position—well that hasn’t happened yet. So we’re entering the full moon cycle, and now the moon has moved into Aries—which is always a lovely fire sign.
So let’s look at the top 5 questions from “Moonology: working with the magic of lunar cycles” by Yasmin Boland.
Have I been hotheaded, selfish, or argumentative this month?
Have I been going too fast or been impulsive this month?
Have I been brash, blunt, or too competitive?
Have I ignored other people’s finer sensibilities?
Have I had enough fun?
So if I number the above questions again 1-5, I think my current answers would be as follows:
- I actually think that I need to be a little more selfish or argumentative in the coming weeks (mainly for the sake of my mental health). I usually don’t argue with people at work (I don’t like conflict), and I try to compromise as much as possible probably in all aspects of life. I need to start putting myself first in some cases and decide that if I’m going to possibly take time off—it may be time without pay (as I’ve been told that unless I’m having an mental issue I can’t take sick leave for it).
- No I haven’t been impulsive about things or going too fast. Probably there are a lot of people that are saying that I’m actually being way to cautious and going slower than others in terms of trying to work on my transition into industry from academia.
- Again, I don’t think I’ve been brash or blunt this month. The same can be said about being competitive—I haven’t been.
- What finer sensibilities? Right now I have no social life and I don’t think that I’m ignoring people’s sensibilities.
- No I haven’t had enough fun lately. I’ve been too stressed about the animals that have declining health, trying to find another job, and the world in general.
So the moon is also passing through my 6th house or the daily work and health zone. So, this will be the second time that this house has come around this year (remember the moon passes through each house during all phases—but I’m currently only looking at the new and full moons (and not the quarters). So this is the time that we focus on releasing any issues about habits that we want to break. This is also the time that we may face a tug of war between dealing with everyday things and wanting to find time to ourselves.
This is also the time to look at what you do every Monday to Friday from nine to five—to sum up: your job. It isn’t suggested that you up and quit (unless you can afford too), but to start thinking of what you do enjoy doing and seeing if there is a way to turn that into your nine to five job, or figure out how to transition into a different job. I have decided that it is time to transition out of academia and in industry for several reasons (but that is another blog post)……
So my goals for this full moon period are:
- Start a workout routine (either a second round of LIIFT4 or InsanityMax30).
- Work on my transition plan (have the list of job titles ranked, and start looking into the top six a little more in detail [have at least one blog post on the top six as to why I wouldn’t mind having that position]).
- Get back into meditating nightly.
- Post an update (or question) in different groups that I belong to on Facebook. I’ve realized that I’m slowly losing motivation (or drive) on the transition plan (I want to transition, don’t get me wrong), and am curious to know if others had as well and what they did to gain the motivation and/or drive back.