So the moon will be transitioning into its full moon stage over the next two or three days (depending on where you live)—for me, it was a couple of nights ago—as I’m two days late in posting this. The full moon is early this month, but that’s fine—with the way 2020 has been going, I’d like a little extra time to focus on my goals and blessings for the full moon.
The moon is going to be transitioning through Aquarius, and if one looks at the book “Moonology: working with the magic of lunar cycles” by Yasmin Boland there are a series of questions that one reflect on during the next few days:
Have I been pragmatic to the point of losing the romance of life?
Have I been living too much in my head and not enough in my heart?
Have I been trying to do things my way, just for the sake of it?
Have I been trying to hard to befriend people, and for the wrong reasons?
Have I allowed myself to move forward this month?
So if I were to number the above questions 1-5, my answers would be as followed:
- I would probably have to say this depends. This year, with the SARS-CoV2 virus running around, even if I wanted to get out and met people, I wouldn’t be able to. I know that there is more to life than just work, and that humans are social creatures that usually don’t do well on their own—but one needs to learn how to be alone in order not to fear it. Also, since I’m trying to get my life in order—I don’t really have the time to deal with too many other people.
- The answer to this question is probably yes—I live way to much in my head. Currently I’m not in a relationship, and due to the current pandemic—I’m also in no rush to meet anyone. While humans are social creatures—there is actually quite a bit to say about being at peace with ones own company.
- Hard to answer this one—mainly because what are we talking about?? Anything scientific and I’d ask what the protocol is for the experiment, or I’d do a large literature review if I needed to design an experiment. As to normal life—yes, I probably do things my way—but only after doing research and making a plan.
- No, I haven’t been trying to hard to befriend people, for the wrong reasons. I do try to expand my professional network, and work up to asking for informational interviews—this hasn’t happened yet, as I am still struggling to figure out which direction to go in. I feel like I should be fairly confident in the direction that I want to move, and therefore not feel like I’m wasting people’s time asking for informational interviews.
- Since the month is just starting—the jury is still out on whether or not I’m allowing myself to move forward this month or not.
Aquarius is also moving through my 4th house or my home and family zone. This is the time when one should try to find a balance between one’s personal life and one’s career. This year things are a little different for this zone: for starters, I’m still self isolating due to how poorly both my state (OK) and the US are in dealing with the SARS-CoV2 virus; and secondly, I’m still on my “reboot break” from work. So my personal life and career are totally twined right now, due to the fact that I’m home more or less all day, every day.
If I were to think of finding balance—it would be between personal/professional development time and time for other things (reading, crafts, photography, and relaxing outside). Currently, when the weather is nice I will go sit outside (sometimes with my journal, kindle, or camera) and just bask in the natural vitamin D. But at the same time, neglecting the other things that I could also be doing (working through e-courses, networking, and so forth).
So what mini-goals should I set for the Aquarius full moon?
I’m going to aim to find more time during the day for the following activities:
Photography—while it will mainly be backyard bird watching, I can still try to improve my skills.
Journaling—this is actually for multiple fronts: getting back into the habit of writing daily (I mean if I’m going to try to be a freelance writer, I should be trying to write daily), work through various personal/professional development questions, and as a way of working on keeping positive mental health going.
Other personal/professional development: crafts (try my hand at cross-stitching, maybe get a new sewing machine and fabric, create some jewelry), reading, and working through e-courses.
I need to remember that I should be working towards the future I want (though the first thing I need to do, is determine exactly what type of future I want), instead of just sitting around and hoping that the world isn’t going to detonate over night (just my jaded current world views).