So the moon will be entering its latest full moon stage either tonight (marking the full moon at the very beginning of the month) or tomorrow night. The full moon is marking the fact that there are now only four months left in 2020 (quietly looking out the window to see what is coming towards us).
So if I looked to the book “Moonology: working with the magic of lunar cycles” by Yasmin Boland, I’d see that there are five questions that one can ask themselves during this time:
Have I been dreamy to the point of not getting enough done and making silly errors?
Have I been overly sensitive and too easily hurt?
Have I been acting like a martyr? Or too easily led?
Have I been meditating every day, and if not, why not?
Have I been in touch with my intuitive side? Following my dreams and hunches?
So if I were to number the above questions 1-5, I think that my answers would be as follow:
- I’m not sure if I would say that I’ve been dreamy to the point of not getting enough done. I’ve probably been wasting time (scrolling through social media and the news) that I could have spent doing something more productive. This was actually something I realized earlier—I need to find a balance between being an well-informed individual and wasting time on the computer.
- I don’t think that I’ve been overly sensitive lately. Truthfully, while being in self-isolation due to the pandemic, I haven’t been around many other people so I haven’t had to deal with other people’s emotions.
- No, I have haven’t been acting like either a martyr or someone that can be easily led around.
- I usually try to mediate for at least five minutes every night—some nights I manage, and other nights I don’t. One thing I’m still working on is creating an optimal meditation area in the room.
- This is something that I’ve been trying to do more of lately. I resigned back in December so that I would have the time and energy to try to figure out what it is I really want to do with my life. Then the SARS-CoV2 pandemic hit, and I will admit that I’ve spent quite a few months shaking my head—I realized that it would probably be a bad year, I just didn’t fathom how bad it was going to get. So I am trying to follow my dreams and hunches—one of the things I’m going to be doing is trying to help improve science education/communication somehow (still brainstorming ideas on that).
So in addition to the self-reflection questions, one should also check to see what house or zone the moon is moving through as well. For me, the Pisces full moon is moving through my 5th house (according to my rising sign), which is also known as the “kids, romance, and creativity zone”.
Any of the zones this year are more of a challenge—mainly due to the pandemic and self-isolation. Truthfully—even if we weren’t in the middle of a pandemic, I probably still wouldn’t have a lot of time currently for romance. I’m trying to figure out my life and part of that is trying to figure out where to move—I don’t want to start a relationship with anyone knowing that I’d be moving out of state at some point in the near future. So—I’m not to worried about romance, currently not around any kids (I don’t have any, my niece is out in California, again with the pandemic I’m not getting together with any friends that may have kids)—unless you count animals (then I do have six to deal with—three dogs and three cats and they’re constantly around, and two of them will have all the veto powers in any of my future relationships), so the only aspect that I’m going to concern myself with currently is the creativity zone.
I had promised myself that once I started my “reboot break” I was also going to have more time to spend on creative work (whether that was doodling, journaling, knitting, taking pictures—something that was not related to the current job search mindset). While I have been spending time doing something creative daily, I haven’t been varying (and learning new) crafts. I’ve been sticking with things I know how to do—if not great, at least well (namely photography, knitting, and some doodling and journaling). Since self-isolation is going to be stretching longer than anticipated—I’m going to slowly start stepping out of it and try my hand at a different craft.
So what are my goals going to be for the Pisces Full Moon?
More creativity time—specifically I’m going to try my hand at cross-stitching. I bought a small starter kit a couple of months ago—and haven’t touch it—due in large part to it being something new that I’ve never done and therefore I have nothing to compare it to (in terms of what I think of the finished project). But I’m going to probably try sketching out some basic geometric shapes and then try my hand at coloring them in (this should be interesting, since I have a hard enough time drawing a straight line with a ruler, can’t wait to see how the lines look when I’m just stitching them by hand).
More time spent on self-reflection. This is going to be a combination of meditation, and journaling. The journaling will be done as part of both personal/professional development (answering any questions that pop up), and self-reflection—I’m going to start drawing a single tarot/oracle card (sometimes in the morning, sometimes the night before), and writing whatever comes to mind when I look at it, then read the message in the tarot/oracle book, and see if my thoughts have differed from the intended message.
Time also spent on personal/professional development—namely working through various e-course packages that I’ve bought over the years. I know that I want a career that allows me to use my strengths (learner, intellection, input, achiever, and deliberative/ideation/arranger), while also allowing me to improve on some of the ‘weaker’ areas as well. The best way to start doing this—work through various courses bought, network, and try to set up and hold informational interviews as well.
But above all remember the following—“Progress over Perfection,”, “You can’t start the next chapter of your life, if you keep re-reading the last one”, and “Not caring what other people think is the best choice you will ever make”.