So the moon will be transitioning through the Libra constellation today–marking the third full moon of the year and the first super moon of the year as well. We’ve made it through the time change with relative ease (though most schools did have spring break last week, so we’re going to have to see how the numbers in terms of new SARS-CoV2 cases go), but maybe just maybe everything may be headed in the right direction.
I noticed that last year I had mentioned that I was going to try to get a good picture of the full moon (but use the really long lens and tripod), but hadn’t done it yet–so maybe this year? With the moon being full tonight and hopefully a fairly clear sky I’m thinking about it–will just have to see if I still feel up to it after taking the dogs out.
So looking to the book ‘Moonology: working with the magic of the lunar cycles’ by Yasmin Boland, here are the top five questions that one may mediate/think on during this time:
Have I been too concerned with appearances in general?
Have I been thinking too much about others and neglecting my own needs?
Have I been too easily influenced, gullible, or unable to decide for myself?
Have I been living my life through someone else?
Have I spent enough time beautifying my life?
If I were to number the above questions 1-5, my answers would be as followed:
- Since we’re still semi in the middle of the pandemic and I’m still self-isolating at home–no I haven’t been overly concerned with appearances. I’ve basically spent the past year living in workout clothes. I do realize that once I really start trying to figure out my life and needing to network/interview and things like that, then yes I will need to be semi-concerned about my appearance.
- I would have to say that no I’m not currently neglecting my own needs. I have realized that I can become hyper-focused on certain aspects of life (say career/job) and neglect other aspects of my life (such as fitness and hobbies), but currently I would have to say that I’m working on striking a balance within my life.
- I would almost have to say that it depends on the situation. I’ve realized that career wise I’ve been just ‘floating’ along without any clear ‘map’ of where I was wanting to go–and that was one of the major reasons why I resigned and have taken time to really figure out what it is I want to be doing with my life. I don’t think I’ve been gullible or easily influenced–it was more of not deciding for myself and just going with the flow.
- Well–do fictional characters count? Okay, seriously I don’t think I’ve been living my life through other people. We all have our own unique paths and sometime we can end up going down someone else’s path for a while before we realize that it isn’t the path for us. I think that is what I’d been doing–going down the academic path, even though I knew (deep down) that it wasn’t the path I really wanted to be on. Now that I know that I don’t want to be on the academic path, I’m slowly figuring out what path I want to be on.
- This depends on the aspect of ‘life’ we’re talking about. Adding things that make me smile and I find beautiful? I do, but at the same time I realize that if I add something into the room, I should also remove one thing that isn’t bring me joy or making me smile (I’m also trying to work my way towards my own definition of minimalism). Right now I’m thinking more of working outside in the yards and trying to improve on the flower gardens (or at least what use to be the flower gardens).
One can also look to see what house the moon is moving through as well. For me, the Libra full moon is moving through my 12th house, or my secrets zone. This is the time to actually take some time for one self–meditate, practice yoga, look to see what is working, what is not working, and putting together a plan to fix things that may not be quite right.
So the 12th house this year is coming at a time when the world is still slowly making head ways into dealing with the pandemic. Looking back to last year when we had the Libra full moon–there were just a little over 1.5 million cases worldwide, now basically a year later (give or take a month), there are over 127 million cases (with basically still 22 million ‘active’ cases and almost 2.8 million lives lost). There are vaccines available now (3 within the US), and I should hopefully be able to schedule my appointment for my first shot sometime within the next month. In a way, it is still good timing for the 12th house–time to focus on myself and my future. I’ve slowly been making head ways in this area–and that is the speed I’ve found works best for me-slow; any faster and I either end up having an anxiety attack or losing interest in what I’m doing.
So my short list of goals for the Libra full moon will include:
Working on my focal points (idea is from the book ‘The Renaissance Soul: How to make your passions your life–a creative and practical guide’ by Margaret Lobensteine). Either will make them a little more specific or at least also have my ‘whys’ on the bulletin board as well.
Create the ‘April brain-dump’ page; basically get all the ideas and thoughts for the month of April onto paper. This will allow me to see pages/posts that I would like to create and give some direction for the month.
Continue working through various personal and professional development courses. Probably wouldn’t hurt to develop at least a rough draft of a personal/professional development plan.
While remembering: ‘Progress over Perfection’ and ‘You can’t start the next chapter of your life if you keep re-reading the last chapter’.