So, we’re officially over halfway through 2021. The moon will be transitioning through the Cancer constellation later this week, marking the seventh new moon of the year. It is amazing, how time seems to be ‘speeding’ back up with the fact there are vaccines now available for the SARS-CoV2 virus, and most countries are ‘opening’ back up. I’m still being cautious, and am waiting to see what type of spikes there will be in numbers come fall, before deciding to venture out more.
So, before I look ahead and plan for the Cancer new moon, I need to look back at the goals I set for the Gemini new moon and see how I did with each of them.
The goals for the Gemini new moon included:
- Creation of a financial plan (or at least brainstorming)
- Continuation with my daily intentional movements and nightly meditations/sitting quietly moments
- Continue with my personal/professional development game, work on writing up various posts, and as always reading (along with hopefully posting reviews as well).
So how did I do with each of them?
- In terms of creating the financial plan–it is slowly coming along. I’ve realized that there are several points/questions that I need to cover/answer, and they are:
- Have multiple ways of earning money. That way if one ‘dries’ up for awhile, I’m still earning money via the other ‘areas’
- What would my ‘minimal monthly earnings’ be for each area? I can slowly start raising each ‘minimum’ after I manage to reach teh ‘initial goal’ for say three to seven months straight.
- Will I stick with just doing online/remote/contract/freelance/consulting and blogging type work, or will I try to do a hybrid (online and a part-time in person job)?
- I’ve been keeping up with my intentional movements and the nightly meditations/sitting quietly moments. I’ve realized that even if I only manage a few minutes of sitting quietly, those few minutes are usually good enough to help me sleep through the night (more the most part).
- I’m slowly working through my next set of ‘adventures’ via the personal/professional development board game. I completed the Intellectual Property Pack course at the end of June, and moved on to the next ‘square’ which was another reading square. I’m now in the process of reading two more books: ‘Why You’re Stuck’ by Derek Deopker and ‘More of Less’ by Josh Becker. I’m also going to be working through at least one copywriting course (as that was the next ‘spot’ after I had finished the previous book: ‘Write to Speak’ by Mike Acker). Then finally, I will be working on my ‘troubleshooting tips for molecular cloning’ document, which was the spot (review molecular cloning) that I landed on after finishing the ‘doodle a cross-stitch pattern’ (which I finally decided on would be geometric designs in various colors).
These three ‘adventures’ should last me through the month and possibly into August as well (namely working on the various writing projects and courses).
I managed to more or less achieve the three goals that I set for the Gemini new month last month. While there was still a little splurge spending, several of those books are going to be serving as ‘reference’ books for various blog posts/articles, and short stories/novellas that I’ve been thinking about writing.
I’m slowly becoming accustomed to the fact that if I go with the career change I’m thinking of–I will be sitting at the computer for a good portion of the day. This means that I may not hit my step goal–but that it also means that I should be thinking of ways of getting steps in around the house/yard when I take my ‘mini’ breaks throughout the day. Therefore, once I’m able to answer the questions I came up with in regards to my financial plan–I will really be on the ‘road’ to creating my new career.
Achieving mini-goals are a step in the direction of achieving larger goals. Each are also a point of celebration. What goals did you meet last month?