So, the moon will be transitioning into its full stage over the weekend (Sunday if you’re in the US, and possibly Saturday or Monday elsewhere in the world). This is also mark the second consecutive Aquarius full moon (meaning it has moved through all other signs, and is back in Aquarius this weekend). Once we hit the second Aquarius full moon—there will only be nine days left in August, and 131 days left in 2021.
Therefore, before I reflect again on the Aquarius questions I should look at the goals I set for the first Aquarius full moon and see how I did with each of them.
So what were my Aquarius full moon goals? They included:
Working on time and project management skills, by finding time for crafts, making progress on projects, and feeling accomplished at the end of the day.
While that is a totally ‘open-ended’ goal, some specific mini-goals were:
- Creating a timeline/schedule for my ‘troubleshooting tips for molecular cloning’ writing project
- Create a timeline/schedule for the rest of the bird pages
- Determine a specific time of the day for doing the oracle card challenge
- Start a 30-day journaling challenge
- Create one necklace or start a cross-stitch project
- Start working through various writing e-courses
So how did I do with each of the mini-goals?
- I have created a very rough timeline/schedule for the ‘troubleshooting tips for molecular cloning’ writing project. While I had created it during the last full moon phase, I didn’t take into account other writing assignments that would take more time than I had set aside for them. I originally had planned on having this writing project done by mid-October, but will probably go back and fine-tune/readjust the timeline to also take into account the other projects (since I just rolled the dice on the personal/professional board game Monday night). The new projected end date for this project will probably be sometime in mid-to-late November.
- This is something that I’m still working on determining. I have probably another 100 pages (taking into account bird orders, families, and then species) to create. I don’t want the overall project to be finished ‘too early’, as this is one thing I do enjoy doing—researching and learning about different birds. Though, I am thinking of a ‘largish’ writing project in relation to the bird pages. Tentatively it will be called ‘Molecular Genetics and the Reorganization of Bird Classifications’.
- I’d actually decided that once I manage to do a four-card spread (to catch up on days 27-30), I’m going to put the oracle card challenge on hold. I came to this decision, mainly because it was starting to become more of a ‘chore’ than a fun and enjoyable challenge. I will still draw a card (or a spread), but may not share them on Instagram continuously (it may be a weekly post on say Saturday or Sunday).
- I truthfully forgot about this one. I’ve been writing a little more in the journal each day, mainly reflecting a little on either what I managed to get done (or not done) or how I’m feeling about certain things in the world (like the delta variant running amok).
- I’m working on my cross-stitch project, a little every other night or so. I’ve decided that I’m going to see how many different colors I can use to totally fill up the space as a circle (more or less). I have basically 240 (or more) different colors of threads, and I’d like to see how many colors fill up this medium size tapestry. I’m also going to hopefully start creating a couple of necklaces/bracelets over the next few months (probably not going anywhere thanks to the delta variant running amok).
- I’ve managed to work through an e-course, but it wasn’t one on writing. It was actually a very short course on understanding emotional intelligence and how to practice (and cultivate) it.
So I managed to get about two-thirds of the goals accomplished (or at least partially met) over the past full moon period. I’d realized last week that I was not staying on top of my time management at all, and that something needs to change for that.
That is why, for now I’m going to be working with the idea of meeting weekly goal totals instead of saying that I’ll complete this or that course, or have this or that writing project done.
As I mentioned in the update on my comfort diagram, I’m going to be aiming for at least three to three and half hours a week (breaks down to thirty minutes a day minimum) for certain things (like e-course work, reading non-fiction, and working on crafts), plus a minimum number of words written (say three to four thousand words). Though the actual tracking possibly won’t start until next week (when I have some type of tracking sheet set up).
I’m slowly improving my time management skills (still need to work on the mornings and mid-afternoon), but life is always about improvement and trying to be a little better than the day (or even the week) before.
We’ll see if any of these improve throughout the next Aquarius moon cycle.
What are some of the things you’re trying to improve on?
Leave a Reply