So, we’re entering the full moon for December last night (December 18th), and I will probably be a day late in posting. This now means that there are only thirteen days left in 2021. I’m pretty sure I’m going to be cautiously peeking around the corner to see what 2022 is going to be bringing.
As I’ve been reflecting back on the past year (and actually two years), I’ve realized that while I may have a ‘economic gap’ on my resume—it isn’t a ‘experience gap’—I just have to take the plunge and actually state that I’ve been developing/creating a blog/website for the past few years (even if it hasn’t generated any revenue).
Before I get carried away in the direction of reflections and what I may or may not have accomplished this year (that will be the topic for at least one or two posts at the beginning of the year)—back to the topic at hand: December’s full moon.
Tonight the moon will be moving through the Gemini constellation, and there are questions that one can contemplate during the next few days. If one looks at “Moonology: working with the magic of lunar cycles” by Yasmin Boland, those five questions are:
- Have I been gossipy, superficial, or flighty this month?
- Have I been glossing over other people’s feelings?
- Have I been too quick to change my mind, or too restless?
- Have I been too much of a sliver-tongued hustler?
- Have I done enough reading to keep expanding my mind?
My answers to the above questions are as follow:
- Since we’re still dealing with the pandemic, I don’t think I’ve been gossipy, superficial, or flighty this month. I’m only around family still.
- I don’t think I’ve been glossing over other people’s feelings either this month. Again–I’m only around family.
- This depends on what we’re talking about–I haven’t changed my mind in terms of pivoting into a remote/online/contract writing and/or data analysis position and trying to start my own freelance company. Being restless–maybe a little, but hey–we’re heading into the second year of dealing with this damn pandemic and I think just about everyone is getting a little restless.
- Working on this—I’ve realized that I’ve been playing way to many games on the kindle instead of reading. So, I may end up ‘removing’ the games from the kindle and rededicate it to being a reading only apparatus.
So I’m also going to see what house the moon will be transition through during this time. Using my rising sign (which is Scorpio), the Gemini constellation is moving through my eighth house—the focus of this house on “death and rebirth, reinvention and transformation”.
Since we’re still in the middle of the pandemic, the past year has really been reflection and doing some personal/professional development. I’m confident that I’m ‘shutting’ the door to academia research (and possibly bench research as a whole) as I move forward with my career transition. I’m slowly working on transforming and reinventing myself as a remote/contract (and then full-time freelancing) writer/copywriter. I’m aiming to be semi-multi niche, only to keep myself from getting bored and burned out. Here is looking to 2022 has the ‘rebirth’ year for more of my ideas and plans.
So this is the time to try to find balance between slowing down, rushing to learn things, being real with people, money, and determining one’s self worth.
Therefore my small goal list for the last few weeks of 2021 (and the first few weeks of 2022), will include:
- Finish setting up my master 2022 habit tracking journal. I’d decided to buy a larger bullet/dot journal and place all (or almost all) habit trackers that I’d been trying to use during 2021 into a single journal. This way, it should save me time overall during 2022, when I don’t have to copy them back in for the next month.
- Start a non-fiction book. I’d been lax on my reading (even fiction) for a couple of weeks, so I’m trying to get back into a reading habit (may have to ‘remove’ the games from the kindle).
- Continue to work on improving my evening/afternoon meditations.
- Figure out an schedule/calendar for the blog/website heading into 2022 and beyond. Since I’m really leaning in the direction of writing—I need to become a little more consistent in posting, as I realized the past few months I haven’t posted as much as I had earlier in the year).
But above all, remind myself—that I’m making progress and that is what I should be striving for: progress over perfection, the ‘okay’ draft over the ‘polished/perfect’ never published draft.
Here is to the last full moon of 2021, and sending out happy thoughts and vibes to everyone, and fingers crossed that going into 2022 and beyond—things calm down, and everyone gets vaccinated.