So the Aries new moon was actually this past Friday (April 1st). Looking forward, I realize that I need to call one of the many local pharmacies in town and see who is offering free booster shots and go get one (since the omicron variant is still running around, along with its sibling).
Looking back at what I wrote last year, we’ve been dealing with the viral pandemic for over two years now (at least in the US—we’ve entered year three), and I’m not sure how I feel about everyone thinking we can ‘downgrade’ from pandemic to endemic—but that is another post.
I had previously mentioned in an earlier post, that I decided to treat the first three months of 2022 as my ‘tester’ quarter. I did not publish as much as I’d wanted (or even planned on)—I let my inner critic/imposter syndrome get control and only posted a few posts each month (the month in review, new/full moon in review for the previous month, new/full moon for the current month, and possibly a book review or two).
So, while I’m trying to figure out a writing/editing/posting schedule for the blog and other sites, it is also time to look at the various things that one can work on during the Aries new moon.
So what are some things that one can work on during the Aries new moon? Those things include:
- Taking action on dreams and plans
- Make a 12-month plan
- Be courageous in moving towards achieving your goals
- Have some fun
- Focus on you
Then if one looks to see what house Aries is passing through—for me it’s passing through my 6th house or my daily work and health zone. This means that I really do need do develop a ‘fluid’ daily schedule that will let me focus on things of importance: health/fitness, personal/professional development, career, and so forth.
So what are some of the things that one can do during this time to improve things in their sixth house?
- Recommit to some type of exercise program
- Think about (correct if need be) your eating habits
- Help someone out this month
- Talk to your boss about any work concerns you might have
- Read a book on positive thinking
- Eat healthy lunches or dinners for one month–no expections
- Learn to meditate
So I always find it a little uncanny at times how accurate the moons transition is through the houses (especially when I know there are certain things I should be focusing on). While there are things that listed that are ‘mainstream’ (such as correcting eating habits or eating healthier)—I’m working on developing a better relationship with food, and am starting to listen to my body more. I’m also going to be moving to a more intentional movement ‘calendar’—to where I’m doing something daily for at least five to fifteen minutes each day.
So which things am I going to try to focus on over the next few weeks?
- Making a 12-month plan. I know what I want to be focusing on in terms of my career transition (remote writing and/or freelance writing/copywriting), and I have my other focal points (personal development, health, and hobbies) to also focus on—now I just need to turn those points into a yearly plan, and then break it down to quarterly, and then weekly and daily goals.
- Start with my intentional movement program (weight lifting four days a week, cardio once to twice a week, with a walk and possibly yoga or Pilates thrown in there as well).
- Start having yogurt with fruits and nuts for breakfast again, and possibly have some more veggies throughout the week as well.
- Read a book on positive thinking, positive psychology, relaxation, or mindset
- Continue to meditate nightly
I noticed last year, that I ended my Aries New Moon goals with the assumption that the insanity of the world was slowly starting to come under control—but this year the insanity is snowballing out of control.
I’m going to focus on what I can control (my reactions), which may mean less time with the news and social media.
I will send happy vibes, thoughts, and good feelings to the people of Ukraine who are still fighting for their country. I would have thought that by now we’d be past the slaughtering of innocence—but we’re not.
Happy, safe, loving, thoughts, vibes and prayers sent.
Leave a Reply