So the moon is going to be transitioning through the Gemini constellation tomorrow, marking the first (possibly second) new moon for May (since the first new moon was either on April 30th or May 1st depending on where you are in the world).
That means that I need to look back at the goals that I set for the Taurus new moon and see how I did with each of them, before looking ahead to the Gemini new moon.
So what were the goals for the Taurus new moon? They included:
- Making a financial plan. I’ve been on a reboot break for over two years now, and the savings account has dwindled down to almost nothing. I still have a couple of ‘high’ credit cards that I need to pay down—therefore, the financial plan will have a ‘role’ in my personal/professional development plan I’m also going to be putting together.
- Start writing daily—I have the ‘hobby’ areas of the blog (photography, travel, and crafts), plus the ‘areas’ that I’m thinking of branching out into for remote writing: scientific, medical, and health communications and copywriting. This means I need to start developing a ‘portfolio’ of different types of pieces (basically—have a ‘landing’ page on the topic & these posts linked to them).
- Continue reading various personal/professional development books.
- Go through the clothes and box up t-shirts that no longer fit well and figure out where to donate them.
- Continue with daily intentional movement, and getting back into a meditation routine.
So how did I do with each of them?
- The financial plan is still in its ‘rough draft’ stage. May was not a good month (more about that in a few days in the ‘May in Review’ post), but needless to say—some credit cards are still high, and I’m working on a list of companies that I may want to write for (not just the ‘biopharma/biomedical/agricultural’ sectors). I know that I need to be curtailing spending and devising ways to earn money while still committing to working on my transition and possibly setting up a freelance business.
- In terms of writing daily—I’ve been doing my 90-day content creation challenge, where I’ve been doing research daily and taking notes…so that counts for writing daily, right? I’ve been journaling as well, most days. There was a video in one of the professional development groups that was a good reminder—that when you write, you should always have a outline to work from…so far the only writing project that I have a ‘rough outline’ for—is the ‘troubleshooting tips for molecular cloning’. So, needless to say—I’m also going to be drafting outlines for different projects over the next few days/weeks.
- I’m currently reading ‘The First Fossil Hunters: Dinosaurs, Mammoths, and Myth in Greek and Roman Times’ by Adrienne Mayor. Not really personal/professional development—but it is non-fiction, and fairly interesting to read (and is more of the type of non-fiction that I enjoy).
- Haven’t looked in my closet lately…
- Daily intentional movements have been basically making sure that I’m moving around throughout the day (a weekly walk if the weather permits, and since we’re in summer—mowing the yard at least every other week). Still working on getting back into a meditation routine.
So, nothing was ‘completed’—but at least for a few of them, they were started. The way May is ending (the last half of the month sucked)—I take it as a win if I make it through the day without tears.
Small steps, a few words written, and a couple of pages read each day—makes for a winning week. Plus, with another new moon coming up—the pages are ‘blank’ again, allowing for a ‘new’ story to be told…
Which of your Taurus goals did you complete?