So tonight is the second full moon of 2020—I totally missed last month’s full moon. I will fully admit that I told myself that I would get it done—I got it started, but never got it finished (and probably this was also due to the fact that I missed the full moon in December 2019 as well. So now, I’m going to recommit to my spirituality journey. I know that I’m never going to be perfect in my path—but it will be my path, and will be uniquely me.
The moon has moved through the Cancer constellation last month, and this month it is transitioning through the Leo constellation. So with going into 2020 (we’re almost a third-or halfway depending on the day, since it’s a leap year and Feb has an extra day), I’m going to recommit to different areas of my life—slowly, but I’m going to start moving out of the fear zone and into the learning zone.
What are some questions to reflect on during the first few days of the full moon?
Have I been too self-centered, egotistical, or proud?
Have I been treating the people around me like minions?
Have I been arrogant, vain, pushy, or pompous?
Have I been expressing myself creatively enough?
Have I shown myself enough self-love?
If I were to number the above questions 1-5, my answers would be as followed:
- Depending on what one considers being self-centered, egotistical, or proud? In terms of say my fitness and health—no I’m none of the above, I’m actually quite upset/depressed/irritated with myself for letting myself gain all the weight back. In terms of my career—again no, I would say that I’m only “self-centered” in the fact that I thought I knew what I was doing—with only realizing recently that I’ve been stuck in the “fear zone” for the past few years.
- No I have not been treating the people around me like minions—mainly because I’m at home, but when I work I treat everyone with respect (even if I’m not getting respect from them).
- No, I have not been feeling arrogant, vain, pushy, or pompous lately. Truthfully I have been feeling more pessimistic, down, and barely optimistic about everything.
- No I haven’t been expressing myself creatively, I’m going to work on improving this over the next couple of months (photography, knitting, doodling, jewelry making, and cross-stitching).
- Again, no I haven’t been showing myself enough self-love. I’ve realized over the past few weeks that while I do some “self-care”—but I need to show myself more “self-love”—which is to make sure that I’m doing a workout daily, and also having my shakeology daily.
So with being truthful with myself—“self-love” is going to start with doing a workout daily (varying between Barre Blend, LIIFT4, Morning Meltdown 100, Yoga Booty Ballet), have my shakeology daily, and reading at least 1 hour a day of non-fiction, plus listening to podcasts.
Looking at my chart—the Leo full moon is going through my 10th house, which is also my career zone. Now this is a interesting area, since I’m in my reboot break and trying to figure out what it is exactly I want to be doing during the second half of my life.
I’ve been looking at my transition plan and notes, and realized that I need to try to focus on determining the path that will let me focus on my strengths (learner, intellection, input, achiever, deliberative/ideation, curiosity, appreciation of beauty and excellence, fairness, and creativity), while also trying to improve several of my “lower” strengths and also build a life around some values: vitality, synergy, flexibility, adroitness, cognizance, dignity, openness, creativity, evolution, relationships, intuition, and empathy.
So what are my goals for the Leo Full Moon?
- Getting back into a workout routine
- Working on my transition plan for moving into industry from academia
- Spend time working on crafts (knitting, photography, and doodling)
- Meditate, tarot/oracle readings—getting back on track with my spirituality.
And of course remembering: “Progress over Perfection”