So the moon has transitioned into its full moon phase and is in the Sagittarius constellation. In addition, parts of the world were able to also see a lunar eclipse today as well (this one wasn’t visible from the United States). While the energy of the Sagittarius moon is suppose to be fun energy—I’m thinking that the energy of this particular Sagittarius moon is going to be more deep, reflective, and hopefully somewhat transformative for everyone.
Every month, I turn to “Moonology: working with the magic of lunar cycles” by Yasmin Boland to get questions to reflect on for a day or two that deal with the moon in each zodiac constellation. The questions for the Sagittarius full moon are:
Have I been too flippant, or carefree to the point of being careless, irresponsible, even?
Have I been letting myself down by allowing myself get distracted and bored?
Have I been overconfident to the point of arrogance, or too preachy?
Have I been a commitment-phobe, to my own detriment?
Have I been seeing the bigger picture?
If I were to number the above questions 1-5, my answers would be as follows:
- The answer depends on what aspect of life we’re talking about. I will admit to buying way too many e-books last month, one of the many reasons why I’m doing a minimal spending month challenge this month. In terms of other things—I think I’m probably veering towards being to overly cautious, especially since we’re still in the middle of a damn pandemic.
- I will have to answer with a yes—I have been letting myself down by getting both distracted and feeling bored at times. I know that I have numerous things to keep me busy during the day that I shouldn’t feel bored—but at times, I start feeling overwhelmed and I will distract myself by re-reading a book, and then I lose track of time.
- Nope, I have not been overconfident to the point of arrogance or being too preachy.
- This answer again depends on what aspect of life we’re talking about. Am I being a commitment-phobe to myself (i.e. not doing my workouts, eating well, and so forth)? Or a commitment-phobe to someone else? If we’re talking to about the first (myself)—then yes, I have been a commitment-phobe to my own detriment. I’m working on getting better at it though. If we’re talking about being a commitment-phobe to someone else—nope (can’t be a commitment phobe if you’re not in a relationship, and I’m currently not in a relationship).
- Which bigger picture are we talking? Trying to figure out my life in say five to twenty years? The current societal picture? The global picture? Right now I’m actually being way to much of a pessimistic and wondering if society is actually going to survive the next few years, to worry about what my life is going to be like in say five to twenty years (and yes, I know that this is something that I need to work on).
In addition to the fact that the moon has entered into Sagittarius, at least for me it has moved into my second house (or the cash, property, and values zone). This full moon brings about feelings of one’s financial security and stability, and self worth.
It means that we’re suppose to find a balance between various aspects of life—are we tired of working for others and wanting to strike out on our own—now would be the time to start planning it, have we been neglecting ourselves and focusing on others??
This zone is popping up at a time when I have the time to do some serious self-reflection. I am trying to lower the bills (i.e. not buy as much and pay off what I am charging), and also thinking of other ways to be earning cash (filling out surveys, selling DVDs back to stores, and other little odds and ends)—though I have also been thinking of possibly trying to start up a freelance business (either writing, photography, or data analysis) as I’m still not certain what the “new normal” will be after we get through this first pandemic wave of SARS-CoV2.
So this is the time to again (or still be) self-reflective, and think about what it is that I want to be doing with my life (job, location, and all those other little details), but at the same time thinking how I can be of help to a changing world—the world won’t heal itself, and unless we start addressing all of the issues, the world won’t be around long to support us.
So the small goal list that I have for the Sagittarius full moon includes:
Continue to have no-spend days (and stretch those into no-spend weeks and then months). Having to pay off bills, or having standing monthly deliveries, and preorders won’t count against the no-spend challenge. If I do buy something, it will have to meet one of the following criteria:
It is for personal/professional development (book or e-course)
I managed to meet a goal, and I bought (book, CD, movie, hidden objects game) as a reward
It was something that is needed (say face mask) and it will support a non-profit organization
Continue trying to develop a schedule for the day/week and an all-encompassing editorial calendar (personal/professional development, fitness/health/mental health/crafts, and various other things)
Continue working through various e-courses and trying to figure out what it is exactly I want to do with my life.